This well-established Non-Profit organization is looking to appoint an experienced Communications Manager, who has strong experience in the Non-Profit sector particularly in the field of HIV and related health matters. You will have the capacity to develop and implement the strategic visibility and impact of the Communications to all stakeholders to as to enable growth and further impact on related public health services and key projects within this sector.
The essence and key focus of this role is to conceptualise develop and implement all forms of digital communication, and including the improvement and updating of the website. You will be able to work closely with the Program Managers and be familiar with running related surveys and communication through a variety of social media platforms that enable key information and communication to directly target crucial recipients.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: South Africa
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of the HIV and related Health sector in terms of terminology and protocols
- Have strong strategic capacity to take this organization forward in terms of the vision of the Board and the relevant programs.
- Be able to manage external stakeholders where necessary and if possible, have international experience in this respect.
- Be able to build sound internal communication systems which assist in teambuilding, improved output and strengthening of all departments.
- Have the ability to build a consistent and credible Communications focus which gives credence to the organization both locally and internationally
- Have strong research and advocacy capacity to support the effective communications strategies
- Have excellent communication capacity particularly in English (both verbal and written)
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism, or Public Health with strong experience in Communications.
- At least five to ten years of senior level responsibility for the full spectrum of Communication functions in a non-profit operation
- A broader level of experience in advocacy, international and regional communications and also some aspects of Branding and Marketing which form part of the broader impact for the organization.
- The ability to ensure technical service recommendations are included correctly in all communications, and therefore sound teamwork with program management is on a positive footing.
- Excellent computer skills are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, web-based technology, Social media platforms and DTP systems such as Photoshop and InDesign are essential.
- Self-driven nature and an ability to work both independently and as a key person in a team.
- The ability to travel throughout the Southern African region and be able to manage and co-ordinate multi-country advocacy campaigns in multi-lingual environments.
Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment has been retained to source candidates for this crucial position in this organisation.If your skills, experience and qualifications meet the above requirements in this field, please send your CV, and current or most recent Salary to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Thursday, 14 January, 2021