CDE is an independent leading policy think tank playing an important part in how South Africa deals with poverty, unemployment and inequality. Their track record (see www.cde.org.za) in favour of reform and more inclusive growth is unparalleled in the country. Their international links in the USA, India, Brazil, and elsewhere provide new perspectives on South African issues. CDE’s ability to talk to diverse groups ranging from government, parliament and metro leaders to business and civil society leaders places us in a unique position to offer policy insights and advice. This is a one-year contract from March 2021 until February 2022 although the successful candidate can start before March 2021 if available.
Based in Johannesburg, The Centre for Development and Enterprise seeks to fill the following position:
The successful candidate will be required to write high-level briefings and reports; plan, conduct, commission and manage research projects; work with senior researchers and analysts; interact with political and business leaders; and contribute more generally to CDE’s mission of promoting reform, growth and inclusion in South Africa.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Research and information analysis
- Writing: reports, reviews and briefs
- Project support and administration
- Participation in workshops and event organisation
The Policy/Political Analyst must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- PhD or Masters in politics, history, economics or any relevant social sciences
- Excellent writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, very good analytical ability
- Experience working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Advanced MS office skills and an ability to contribute to team success are essential
- The position is open to South African Citizens only with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in politics, history, economics or any relevant social sciences
- Additional language proficiency in Sotho, Zulu, Xhosa
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of and experience working with South Africa’s TVET, NEETS and youth unemployment policy challenges would also be advantageous
South African Citizens/BBBEE candidates are encouraged to apply.
This is a one-year contract from March 2021 until February 2022.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 13th January 2021