Ikamva Labantu is a non-profit organisation that works throughout Cape Town’s township communities towards a more just society where human rights can be fully actualised. We have a holistic and community-led approach to the sustainable development of impoverished communities, with a focus on early childhood development, the wellbeing of older persons and afterschool initiatives for children.
We have been working with at-risk communities for over 55 years through the provision of resources, training and support.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Head Office, Woodstock.
The purpose of this role is to build manage and maintain a positive brand perception and awareness of Ikamva Labantu through internal and external communications. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sustainable Development.
- Manage Corporate Communications
- Manage external communications and platforms
- Ikamva Labantu Branding/Brand Management
- Design and Photography
- Support Internal Communications
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- A degree or diploma relevant to the field of Marketing and / or Communications
- Minimum of five years proven experience in Communications
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
- Excellent verbal and written English ability and strong attention to detail
- Planning and organising ability and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in networking/facilitating partnerships and working with external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work within township communities
- A valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Advantageous not essential:
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector
- Basic design skills and knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Photography skills
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with WordPress (or similar CRM systems), Mailchimp and Google Analytics
A market related remuneration package is offered and Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of Employment Equity Legislation.
Please forward application by email to the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
If not contacted within 14 days after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 December, 2020