For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
IYF South Africa partners to strengthen education and training systems including public TVET colleges and employer-led learnerships for unemployed youth, with the goal of equipping young people to access and expand economic opportunity. We work with national government and TVET leaders to align courses with industry needs; we equip employers to deliver more impactful life skills training within their learnerships; and we create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education systems that improve young people’s lives while also delivering business benefits.
Job Title: Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Location: South Africa
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support, handling day-to-day accounting, processing contracts, procurement, activity logistics and payments, and sub-award financial monitoring; and supporting working budget development in close collaboration with Program Managers.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Recording and accounting for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions
- Supporting Country Director, Program Director, and Program Managers by ensuring accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures
- Maintaining procurement documentation, payment Logs and scan of monthly receipts and upload files on required portals
- Leading procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy, prepare cost and quality analyses and draft procurement instruments particularly purchase orders and contracts
- Routing out procurement request and invoice payment authorization emails for approval by responsible staff and Budget holder
- Ensuring final invoices and receipts from suppliers meet requirements as prescribed by tax laws and are consistent with services provided/goods delivered
- Supporting the Program Managers and assigned Finance Lead from Global Finance & Administration Management (GFAM) in budget preparation and management through Working Budgets monthly reviews and updates
- Supporting in the external audit process and internal desk audits by providing requested documentation and explanations required
- Assisting the Country Director, Program Director, and Program Managers in cash flow forecasting and cash management, as may be required
- Assisting the Country Director, Program Director, Program Managers and assigned Finance Lead from GFAM in the preparations and submission of reports and filings in compliance with local government laws
- Providing regular trainings to the team on finance and administration policies and procedures including orientations for new staff
- Supporting procurement process, communicating with potential vendors, obtaining quotes, and preparing paperwork including invoices and procurement forms.
- Processing local contracts, maintaining contracts log and all contract files.
- Maintaining finance files in accordance with IYF File Plan and filing protocols.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (with accounting experience/knowledge)
- 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role on accounting and finance. Experience with computerize and/or cloud-based accounting required. Knowledge of QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software (field-based accounting) is an advantage
- Experience working with programs supported by USAID and/or DFID is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oral and written fluency in English a must. Proficiency in least one additional South African language an advantage
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including working as part of an international team
- Commitment to IYF’s mission and values
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday 21st December 2020