Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute NPC, (MatCH) is a non-profit organization supporting public sector health services. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support. MatCH is looking to fill the following position under a project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the Eastern Cape.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Project Manager
Location: Port Elizabeth providing support to Districts of Sarah Baartman, OR Tambo & Nelson Mandela Bay (Eastern Cape Province)
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract ending 30 September 2022
Closing date for submission of applications: 18 December 2020
1x Monitoring & Evaluation Project Manager – (Ref: 260)
Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and management of the monitoring and evaluation of a project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the Eastern Cape. This will include assessments and the monitoring and evaluation of all Programme activities including developing appropriate indicators; planning and implementing effective health care processes established for the effective collection, dissemination and reporting of these activities.
Key performance areas:
- Oversee data collection and analysis to assess the impact of the project activities on both DS and DR-TB service delivery platform in districts of responsibility
- Develop implementation plan for M&E team
- Ensure indicator protocols are developed and regularly updated
- Calculate targets and monitor progress in terms of reach
- Develop QA plan
- Monitor implementation of M&E activities
- Review data management processes and improve responsiveness of data collection system
- Conduct weekly reviews or as necessary
- Preparation of M&E reports and presentations to USAID and other key stakeholders
- Conduct quality assurance and improve the quality of data
- Conduct operations research and Programme reviews
- Training & capacity building for M&E team & MatCH Institute staff
- Provide technical support to district DOH & provincial DOH on M&E
- Staff management
Required minimum education, training and technical support
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- A qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation
Minimum work experience
- A minimum three (3) years of professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in the monitoring & evaluation of public health programs in South Africa, preferably Tuberculosis.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience working in a donor funded organization / NGO or project-based environment
- Good sound knowledge of data management and M&E principles
- Knowledge of research and activities/requirements related thereto
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Knowledge of DHIS, donor and DOH indicators & reporting requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, database systems and statistical software
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Government and other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and coordination skills
- Experience in training, facilitation and material development
- Researcher capabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing ability
- Administrative ability
- Management/supervisory skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Risk management skills
- Proficiency in English
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively
When submitting applications, the Position being applied for including reference number as alluded to on the advert must be included in the email subject line. The Position being applied for and reference number as alluded to on the advert must be mentioned on application letters and these together with detailed CVs and copies of applicable qualifications and registrations must be emailed to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 18 December, 2020
MatCH Institute NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date.
Non-South African Citizens and non-South African permanent resident holders must be in possession of valid work documents authorizing them to work in South Africa.