NICRO was founded in September 1910, NICRO is one of the largest, most enduring South African non-profit organizations. NICRO specializes in social crime prevention and offender reintegration, boasts a rich, unparalleled history in human rights, juvenile justice and innovative criminal justice reform.
Job Title: Social Worker
The Social Worker provides social work services to individuals in conflict with the law, which promote the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation and best management of these individuals in the criminal justice system. The Social Worker will work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change), criminal justice outcomes (diversion, NCS and offender reintegration) and crime prevention in the communities. The social worker provide a critical connection between the criminal justice system and social services.
- BA or B. Social Science Degree in Social Work
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence mandatory
- Must be bi-lingual, English and Afrikaans speaking
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good administrative & report-writing skills
- Must be computer literate
Forward applications to: Supervisor
Email: [email protected]
If you have not been contacted by 6th January 2021 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position.
Application Deadline: Monday, 4 January, 2021
For more about NICRO, refer to https://www.nicro.org.za/