The Roger Federer Foundation has been engaging in early education programmes for children living in poverty in Africa and Switzerland for the past 16 years. The Foundation works with carefully selected local organizations in long-term partnerships and seeks for systemic change and sustainable impact. The aim is to enable and support local populations to assume their responsibility for the solution of its problems with regard to the contents, organization and finances. Currently the foundation is conducting School Readiness Initiatives in 6 countries in Southern Africa and in Switzerland. These are country programmes managed by our regional programme coordinators and implemented by local partner organisations.
The Foundation’s headquarters is in Switzerland, complemented by a Regional Office in Johannesburg with a team of four experts from the region. The Foundation is looking to replace one of our Regional Representatives with a programme management expert to focus on our country initiatives in Namibia and South Africa. The team in Johannesburg is working hand in hand with the team in Switzerland and will report to the CEO of the Roger Federer Foundation in Switzerland who is also the formal director of the South African entity.
Job Title: Senior Regional Programme Coordinator
Location: South Africa
The Roger Federer Foundation requires a self-driven entrepreneurial personality,
demonstrating superior advisory and mentoring skills and an ability to multi-task.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the head of programme in Switzerland in programme management, monitoring and evaluation
- Supporting our partner organisations in: programme development, planning,
- Becoming a source of excellence for our local partner organizations
- Becoming a well-respected and demanded advisor for our partners
- Stimulating and supporting knowledge sharing among our partners and interested stakeholders
- Building active partnerships with different stakeholders
- Engaging in advocacy at a regional and national level where appropriate
The ideal candidates will have:
- A Masters degree preferably in Education Studies, Development Studies,
- Monitoring and Evaluation Studies and /or any other appropriate postgraduate qualification
- At least 10 years of experience in successful implementation of development
- programmes in the SADC region (preferably in education)
- At least 7 years of experience in a programme management or evaluation.
- Worked in a donor organisation or evaluation consultancy
All candidates will need to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Result driven
- Sound organizational and planning skills
- Deep understanding of community development
- Autonomous working skills while cooperating closely with the CEO
- Great communication and reporting skills
- High flexibility of task fulfillment
- High levels of enthusiasm, initiative, and a can-do attitude
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite and knowledge of some African languages spoken in the region is desirable
View the full job description and application instructions onthe Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday 20th January 2021